Have you begun to think about your New Year’s resolution this year?
Heather Richards, a clinical hypnotherapist based in Melbourne, talks about how to prepare for your New Year’s resolution.
Yes, Christmas has snuck up upon us all ready, in just a few short days Christmas will once again be behind us and we will be planning for our new year.
So maybe we are thinking about cutting down on drinking giving up smoking, cutting down on chocolate, or maybe 2015 is the year that you plan to get fit. Regardless of what your New Year’s resolution may be, there are many ways we can assist in helping you achieve these goals, even before New Year.
If you choose, yes, you can still enjoy Christmas and all of the beautiful foods that you probably associate with Christmas, however, we don’t have to do feel like a Christmas Turkey. We actually can taste and enjoy all of the foods. However, we can choose to take control and listen to the mind and the body.
So if you are ready to take control and eat less, drink less, smoke less, or not at all, and relaxed, more and maybe you have been wondering about how hypnotherapy could possibly help, maybe now is finally the time for you to do something totally different.
Here are a few tips to ensure that you actually stick to those New Year’s resolutions this year:
• Set goals that are realistic.
• Committee your resolutions to paper, write them down.
• Create a step-by-step plan to your desired outcome.
• Keep a diary of your progress.
• Ensure the commitments are ones you are prepared to keep long-term, so avoid purchasing gym memberships if it is not something that you are passionate about.
• Be positive – practice the Hey Hey It’s Me! Flip-It that method.
• Make small changes, one at a time, avoid overloading yourself with massive change. Become comfortable with one change at a time.
• Drink more water, I know you hear it all the time, however, just googled the benefits. Understand the benefits of remaining hydrated and water can also help you avoid unnecessary snacking.
• Exercise, just move the body doesn’t really matter what or how you do it. Just move, your energy levels will increase, and you will feel so much better.
• Be aware of your choices.
• Eat healthy.
• Think healthy.
• Feel healthy.
• Be healthy.
• Live healthy
The key to your success is choice and internal control. Often the choices need to be made at a subconscious level, in order to gain and understand that internal control. This is where hypnosis and hypnotherapy can be extremely beneficial in assisting with commitments and resolutions of the New Year.
If you can see the benefits of engaging the services of a hypnotherapist or you would like to ask any further questions, please do feel free to contact any of the therapists at CaS Therapy, which is currently located in Newport, a suburb close to the Melbourne CBD. Please do note that CaS Therapy will be relocating just a couple of kilometres away to Williamstown early in 2015.
Wishing everyone a safe and happy festive season.